Saturday, October 18, 2014

Queen Olympias aria ACT IV from the opera Alexander the Great by Panos Karousos

PellaMacedonia – Throne Chamber
 Queen Olympias scene ACT IV from the opera Alexander the Great by Panos Karousos 
Olympias enters wearing a crown and a royal purple cape, holding a magnificent, gold scepter adorned with precious stones.

Olympias: Gods of my ancestors, even if the Kaveiroi helped me and the blood of my ancestors seeks revenge, I am silent, like the Styx who keeps the secrets.  Everything is happening like in the prophesies of the Necromanteion of Acheron, when I crossed the Acherousia Lake, descended to the Gates of Hades and talked with death.  I changed the world, Olympias.  You will return to the heavens brilliant star.  You left like Zeus’ thunderbolt, when all the beasts are howling.  You reignited the flame of Olympus.  There is neither returning, nor end for glory.  Alexander beyond the whole world; he traveled the seas and in the unknown he is searching beyond the end of the world.  My son, the first in world history, world leader, further than all the heroes, similar to a god stands invincible; Alexander the Great.  I am holding the entire world in my hands now, me the Great Priestess of Dodona and Samothrace.
(Olympias raises an urn which contains Medusa’s blood)
Immortal blood of the mermaid Medusa!  Alexander’s glory and light, like a lighthouse will beacon throughout the centuries.  Apollo gave his prophesy to the Oracle of Delphi, and Ammon Ra sealed it in Saba; and me, the Great, me the goddess.

(Queen Olympias ascends to the throne.  The Macedonians arrive)

No comments:

Post a Comment